January 4, 2010

I'm Coming Outta My Cage and I'm Doing Just Fine

Thank god that dreadful, boring, annoying, frustrating, embarrassing season is finally over. I would have preferred a win yesterday, but as a buddy of mine said, the 6th overall pick is a nice consolation prize...

Now the fun begins, and I'm not being sarcastic. Sure, it will be tough to see some vets get traded/cut/run out of town by an angry mob, and there's always the chance that management will fuck things up (see: the 1990s), but to paraphrase Governor Blagojevich, we've got three of the first forty picks in the draft, and they are fucking GOLDEN.

I'm not going to pretend that I have any sort of informed opinion on who the Seahawks should draft, but I'll still be glued to Seahawks Draft Blog and about any other source of speculation/rumors/innuendo that I can get my hands on over the next few months... I'll be obsessive, but still won't have half a clue what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to who we should spend millions of dollars in guaranteed money on... but that's the joy of being a fan, aint it?

Obviously, we all hope that the front office finds a new GM swiftly, and I think 30 Helens and all of us agree that the new bossman's first act should be leaving a red tag in Jim Mora's locker. I see the argument that Mora should be given one more year, if only on the basis of the impending possibility of a 2011 lockout by the owners, but I don't really buy it. I'd rather give Zorn a shot than suffer through another 16 games of Mora making excuses, pointing fingers at our players, and putting a team on the field that is utterly unmotivated and unprepared.

I truly believe that if the right moves are made, the Seahawks could be a competitive 7 or 8-win team next year, and have a real shot at the postseason in 2011 (assuming the owners don't blow up the season).

Let the speculation and rumor-mongering begin! This'll be an exciting few months for the legions of Twelve... Shit, it can't be any worse than watching this team the last two years, can it?

No comments: