May 8, 2008

Bitter Sweet Symphony: So Good or No Good?



Yup, that's our unofficial theme song. Not exactly Highway to Hell, is it? Plus, it features the following lyrics which scream "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???!!!"

It's a bittersweet symphony, that's life
Trying to make ends meet
You're a slave to money then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places
where all the veins meet yeah


Woo! Go Hawks! To be fair, this is a pretty cool video featuring the song from a few years back...



In a weird way, the fact that people have attacked the song as a lame choice for an NFL team's theme song has made me embrace it a bit. Still, I think we can do better. Number one, the Seahawks theme should have SOME connection to the pacific northwest, it should kick some goddamn ass, and it shouldn't be played the fuck out already.

Here's some ideas (I'm limiting myself to one song per artist)

-Scentless Apprentice by Nirvana

-Let Me Drown by Soundgarden

-Man in the Box by Alice in Chains

-Go by Pearl Jam

-Entertain by Sleater-Kinney

What do y'all think?

4 comments:

gonzhawk said...

How about PJ-Animal? I'd rather be an animal11! and ram a cardinal up a niner's ass!!!

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Ramona P. said...

Ooooh... good one. Great pick, my man.

Michael Steffes said...

I like Bittersweet, but only with out the lyrics. I think it is because i associate it with that euphoric feeling of 5 Red Bulls kicking in at the same time as seeing the fireworks, smoke and Walter Jones sprinting out of the tunnel.

Shit! I am ready for a god damn game to be played just thinking about. Lets go out and do some hittin!

Anonymous said...

I hate that song. I sit at the 5 yard line 7 rows back. I am a 15 year season ticket holder. WORST SONG EVER. When the Hawks were in Huskey Stadium it was waaaay better. AC/DC Thunder Struck. When they were in the tunnel, it as ah ah ah ah ah ah THUNDER ah ah.... Good stuff.