November 12, 2008

2002 Redux?


Ahh, the 2002 season. Remember how much we sucked the first half of the season? Unfortunately that team was slightly better than the '08 bunch at this point (3-6 v. 2-7).

However, behind a healthy Matt Hasselbeck, the Hawks finished with a 4-2 flourish. I can't help but think we have the potential to do something similar over the stretch run this season with Hass back under center. Yeah, I know a lot of you out there are rooting for that super high draft pick, but 7-9 sounds a lot better to me than 4-12, you dig?

I know that the upcoming sked looks rough, but remember that in '02 we won a number of games that were supposed to be cakewalks for the opposition (@ ATL and @ SD come to mind). Given the talent level of this bunch, there's no reason to think that they can't seriously fuck up other teams' playoff chances over the last 7 weeks.

AZ? Well, they'll be in the playoffs, but we can humble them a bit by sweeping they asses.

DC? I love me some Jimmy Zorn, but I'd love to keep him and his boys out of the playoffs even more.

Dallas? Jeez, do I even need to say it? Fuck Dallas. Fuck them right in the ear.

New England? See Dallas.

NYJ? Holmgren's last game at home? Against Favre? With them fighting for a playoff spot? I can't think of a sweeter win on the rest of our schedule.

What do you think, sirs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a couple thoughts for anyone rooting for a high draft pick; regardless of how high you pick the odds are still about 50/50 that the player pans out. Also, these top ten picks kill your cap for years so if the guy sucks he'll hold your team down for a couple years.

I say win every game you can right now. Go into the off season with some momentum and let the future sort itself out.

MOe