May 18, 2009

James Harrison: Steeler. Idiot.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison isn't joining his Pittsburgh teammates when they visit the White House. Is it because of his principled stand against abortion rights? Gay marriage? Progressive taxation? As a flaming lib-rul, I'd disagree with those stances, but I'd respect his adherence to his convictions. God knows, I didn't have any problem when liberal athletes snubbed George W. Bush.

No. He's skipping the trip because Obama would have invited the Arizona Cardinals if they had won XLIII. Here's the direct quote:


This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, [Obama] would've invited Arizona if they had won.

That's stupidity so powerful, so concentrated, that only the following video clip is an appropriate response:

Yes, James... That's how it works. The team that wins the Super Bowl gets invited to the White House. The team that loses... wait for it.... DOESN'T (or did I miss those four consecutive trips the Buffalo Bills made to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave as AFC Champs?).

This would be equivalent to someone telling their fiance, "you know, if we hadn't fallen in love, you wouldn't be marrying me!" and then failing to show up for the wedding ceremony because of that fact.

Jesus. Is the guy EATING coal?

2 comments:

Aaron Weinberg said...

I was hoping someone could touch on this. By watching that video, I learned that Harrison is beyond stupid... so stupid he doesn't know how stupid he is.

Ramona P. said...

KSK... For the win. That's why they're the NFL comedy pros.