October 5, 2008

78-16

That's the aggregate score of our two road games this season.

A fucking travesty.

I'm not one of these guys who bemoans the "lazy pro athlete." NFL players are very handsomely compensated, but each week they risk serious injury, permanent disability and even death. On top of that, they have zero job security and even a brief NFL career results in a significantly diminished life expectancy.

But when it comes to the Seattle defense, I have to quote Heath Ledger's Joker...

"I mean, what happened? Did your - did your balls drop off? Hmm?"

There were moments during today's game where I almost thought they changed the rules of the sport and didn't bother to tell the Seahawks. I don't put this on the coaches, and I'm not going to make excuses about jet lag or any other bullshit. Those 11+ guys on defense played like gaggle of fancy lads having a slap-fight during recess at the boarding school.

I've got a dish. I watch a metric fuckload of NFL ball. You know what I've learned? As complex as the pro game is, defense is still mostly about naked animal aggression.

I HATE saying this, but it's obvious to me that the defense has gotten lazy about relying on the 12th Man to provide them with a jolt of adrenaline. I fully expect them to go buck wild on Aaron Rodgers and the Pack next Sunday, and I also expect us to win the game.

But two weeks from now in Tampa, will they bring that level of intensity & focus? Or will they stumble around the field like a bunch of goth kids forced to play football as some sort of twisted punishment?

I love you Hawks, but I am calling you out. Are you this:



or this:



It's time to redeem yourself, Hawks. Stop embarrassing us and start putting foot to ass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap a venture bros. and a seahawk fan? I thought I was the only one

Anonymous said...

Tim Ruskell has done a horrible job personnel wise with this team.

This team has massively regressed since his arrival. He had little to do with the SB team. He has since made mediocre draft picks, failed to sign hutch, signed a coach a year and a half before he ever takes over, etc.... this list is too long.

But no fan will call him out (probably because they don't even know who he is). Or the lame Seattle media