October 17, 2008

Your football team is 1-4? And you say the season is over?

Try being down 7-0 with two outs in the 7th inning, facing elimination.

THAT'S a "the season is over" moment. 1-4? In a weak division? With 11 games left? That's not "the season is over."

I know most of y'all aren't Sox fans; in fact, most of you are probably rooting for Tampa Bay. But I hope the Seahawks coaches and players watched that game, and I hope they took away this lesson: Nothing is over until WE say it's over.

Right here, I'm saying Sunday night will be a shitty one for the Tampa/St. Pete area. Not only is their baseball team going to be sent home for the winter... Their mighty Bucs are going to fall to 4-3 too.

It's also just nice to know that my favorite player, Matt Hasselbeck, was probably screaming at his TV last night just as loud as I was. :-]

No comments: