August 8, 2008

No Alarms and No Surprises Please

Field Gulls and Seahawk Addicts do a great job of covering the actual position battles of this preseason... Justin Forsett or Owen Schmitt? Which WR(s) will step up? How is the D-line rotation going to shake out? Etc.

I'm a football geek, but I'm not going to pretend that I have an informed opinion about who should be cut/kept. At least, I know I'm not as knowledgeable as Ruskell, Holmgren, etc. More or less, I trust they'll make the right choices about who to keep, who to cut, and who to stash on the practice squad.

So what does preseason mean for me? It's a grim, nervous form of semi-torture where I just hope to God that no key players get injured. Let's face it: If Hass or Big Walt or Lofa blow out a knee tonight, our season is frakked. I'd be perfectly happy if they stayed off the field entirely.

I'll be watching the replay on NFLN tonight, of course. Us poor bastards out of King/Kong range don't get to see this one live. Ooh, there's an idea.. Someone should liveblog the game for those of us out in the wilderness. Any takers?

I'll leave you with the super-creepy Radiohead video I took this post's title from... Enjoy!

No comments: