March 23, 2009

As usual, I turned out to be wrong...

Nope, no Seahawks @ Cards matchup on MNF in week one, as I predicted a while back... The Raiders not only get to open the season in Prime-Time again, but they also get a Thanksgiving Day game at Dallas. Why?

Here's the week one national games, plus the Thanksgiving Day line-up:

Thursday Sept. 10 (NBC): Titans @ Steelers
Sunday Sept. 13 (NBC): Bears @ Packers
Monday Sept. 14 (ESPN): Bills @ Patriots
Monday Sept. 14 (ESPN): Chargers @ Raiders
Thursday Nov. 26 (FOX): Packers @ Lions
Thursday Nov. 26 (CBS): Raiders @ Cowboys
Thursday Nov. 26 (NFLN): Giants @ Broncos

Also, John Clayton has a story about the NFL considering changing the scheduling formula so east-coast teams won't have to make so many trips to the west coast... As a fan of the team that annually logs more miles of air travel than anyone else, let me be the first to say: Boo. Fucking. Hoo.

Anyway, as usual the NFC West gets no respect. Big shock, huh? It's not like we've represented the NFC in two of the last four Super Bowls or anything.

2 comments:

Misfit said...

Allow me to be the first to say that those network-TV douchers can suck my balls.

I hope to God that the Sunday Ticket is in my future this year. I need to avoid being force-fed Dallas-Washington, Dallas-Philadelphia, and all the other so-called 'must watch' games every week. Suck it. I'd rather watch Texans-Bengals.

Misfit said...

Oh, and by the way: not playing Dallas on Turkey-Day is a good thing. One less screwed up practice schedule and short week scenario. Plus, do you really want to hear Joe Buck sucking the collective Cowboy cock for 3 1/2 hours?