September 16, 2009

I decry this advertising patch on the Seahawks practice jerseys! Now a word from our sponsors: Online Seats, Amazon and Jones Soda!

(pic from Seahawkaddicts via Seahawks.com)

People in many corners of the internets are up in arms about NFL teams putting advertising on their practice jerseys. I truly couldn't give less of a crap.

I'd certainly prefer that there was no advertising on NFL jerseys, but it'd be the height of hypocrisy for me to rant against this trend while asking you to buy gear from the advertisments splashed across this blog (which you most certainly should).

My biggest beef? Bing gargles my balls.

Corporate sponsorships go all the way back to the naming of Fenway Park and Wrigley Field, and with every sports team on earth scrambling to maximize revenues, this was bound to happen. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's stupid. But on the list of things to get worked up about when it comes to our Seahawks, it's wayyyyyyy down at the bottom of the list.

Just for emphasis: Bing sucks and blows simultaneously.

2 comments:

Mark Stoecker said...

DKSB,
I just found your site through your post on Field Gulls the other day and I have to say I LOVE IT! I was an instant subscriber. Your posts are great, keep them coming.

And btw, I agree with you wholeheartedly here......about Bing!

KB said...

"Decision Engine." Blergh. Oh, just got the new 12th man book in the mail. Hope you got your nickel. :)