January 3, 2009

Sproles!

328 yards for the kid whose name sounds like a chronic medical condition (Damn, my Sproles is acting up again), and the once 4-8 Chargers advance. My preseason pick for AFC Champs is now two wins from Tampa, but I also went 0-2 with my picks today. I'm a regular Smooth Jimmy Apollo!

"The Denver/New England game is too close to call. But
if you're one of those compulsive types who just has to bet, well,
I don't know... um... Denver."


Before anyone bitches about the "coin toss deciding the game," remember that

A) The team that wins the toss scores on the opening drive only about 30% of the time.
B) Hey fuckers... Try playing defense?

However, I would support going to a "first to six" OT format for the playoffs, and a full 15-minute OT in the Super Bowl (followed by sudden death after that point).

What do y'all think?

UPDATE: Considering how quickly the Colts bowed out of the playoffs, isn't it worth wondering why Peyton won his third MVP while Drew Brees didn't get a single fucking vote? DB threw for 1000 more yards, seven more TDs and had a higher passer rating.

Don't throw the Saints 8-8 record back at me.. Pey-pey and his boys just lost to an 8-8 team in the playoffs.

Brees should have been league MVP...

2 comments:

Misfit said...

One word about that:

Absofuckingloutly.

If not Brees then DeAngelo Williams and his 20 freakin' TDs.

Ramona P. said...

D-Will would be very worthy of MVP honors too...