January 18, 2009

Well, if there is a god, she hates us.

Steelers v. Cardinals. In the Super Bowl.

Fuck.

I'll be watching, of course, and tepidly kinda-sorta rooting for Arizona... But Jesus... This is like choosing between eating a plate of steaming dogshit or a bowl of mingled pork & bean hobo diarrhea.

Can anyone even think of a championship matchup more painful to a single "third party" fanbase? I'm drawing a blank...

My gut feeling? Pittsburgh by two touchdowns. I just can't give THAT great of a chance to THE WORST TEAM TO EVER REACH THE SUPER BOWL, facing the #1 defense in the NFL. My official prediction will come later on.

Who are you rooting for? Why? What's your dream scenario for this one? I guess I'm kind of hoping for the game to be shrouded in some terrible controversy...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't. Agree. More. Arizona gets the Burnt Biscuit Award. I cannot suffer through the next two weeks where their fans get all happy and start talking shit about their 9-7 dumpster fire. Have to go for Steeler's Wheel. Sucks though.

Great blog, BTW. I'm a long time Osprey's fan (saw their first ever game and at least one home game every year since) and run with anyone on trivia (read: Andre Hines). Live in the Dry Shitties too, so perhaps I will run into you at one of the vast array of establishments we have here.

Ramona P. said...

Thanks man! I try my best... It's great to meet other hard core folks from the Tri.. Hawks have always been HUGE out there, haven't they?

Anonymous said...

Gotta go for the Steelers cause we'll never hear the end of it from Cardinal fans if they win. The only thing AZ has going for them is a Steeler isn't retiring after the game in his hometown of Tampa.